Wednesday 24 March 2010

Barbara Daly : Easy-On-The-Eye Pens

I guess after the launch of Ellis Faas liquid makeup pens have become the new thing, but thankfully I don't have to fork out over £20 because Barbara Daly at tesco has a range of eyeshadow pens too!


Easy-On-The-Eye pens were one of the first things I wanted to try out from the BD range even though I have never really been a fan of liquid eyeshadows. My first purchase was hazel, a gorgeous warmed mid brown with gold reflects shot through. I took it home, tried it and loved it so much I popped to Tesco to get another in Calico.


COLOURS - The colour choice isn't the greatest - Calico a soft gold, Hazel a mid brown, Otter a dark brown and Willow a silver with green running through it.


PRICE - £6.00


AVAILABILITY - Not all Tesco's stock Barbara Daly any more so it's a bit of a chore to find. Check out http://www.barbaradalymake-up.co.uk/ for which one's do. The list seems pretty reliable.


PERFORMANCE - Now here is the key part. When I think of liquid eyeshadows I think: uneven, runny, creasing and poor lasting power. However these are stunning examples of how a liquid eyeshadow should be. Let me clarify by saying these apply glossy but dry to a semi-matte texture. They are a dream to blend and go on very evenly (I prefer to apply with the pen and blend with my finger or a brush). And staying power? They last! And no creasing hours later!


PACKAGING - My only gripe with these pens is the way they despense, rather than shoot up through the centre of the brush the colour comes out to the base at the side. This doesn't bother me too much but everything has to have a negative right!
The slick black casing is also nice to carry around in a handbag/makeup bag and the clear section makes it easy to grab the colour you want at a glance.



calico, Hazel



Calico, Hazel - sheer & thick applications

No comments:

Post a Comment