Wednesday 28 April 2010

E.L.F Shielding Hydro-Tint SPF 15 - Ivory & Light Beige

I've been searching for a good tinted moisturiser for a while and tried quite a few along the way (expensive ones & lower end). I am please to report that this is one  of the best I've come across.


Price - £1.50
Amount - 12g
Shades - 7
Availability - www.eyeslipsface.co.uk



The eyeslipsface.co.uk isn't the best for swatches so I looked around various blogs to try and get a more accurate idea of what the shades are really like.



Ivory & Light Beige
Ivory is a very pale slightly yellow toned shade that when blended becomes even paler.
Light Beige is a more rosy toned colour that is slightly darker.





I love both of these, the ivory suits my very fair skin even on my palest of days (it really is very very pale) and both give enough coverage to even out my slightly rosy cheeks and can be built up in areas where I need a little more evening out.
Although the Light Beige looks darker when first applied it blends in to become a very natural shade that gives my skin a translucent glow.

The finish is a nice natural sheen, not  a glossy or sticky mess that you can get with other tinted moisturisers and lasts pretty well. I had this on for 6 hours around the house and had minimal fading and had the added bonus of very soft skin once I took it off.

It's worth mentioning that whilst the SPF is great, I wouldn't rely on it solely unless you're not going out or are going to reapply every few hours.


Overall I am so so happy with these, I finally have a tinted moisturiser that I feel confident in and for only £1.50. I plan to get a few more of these as the tubes are only small 12g, but you only need a little and I want to try out some darker shades for summer.
10/10 


UPDATE : Ivory, light beige & rosy beige applied & blended.







2 comments:

  1. Hi!Nice blog!

    Do you use them as foundation? My skin is very oily and I don't know if they will suit me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria,

    Yes you can use them as foundation but bear in mind the light coverage.
    Also for your skin type you could use a primer underneath and/or a powder to set.

    Thankyou for the compliment x

    ReplyDelete